Thursday, September 2, 2010

Baby Mover

A baby and a Beetle don't mix!  We were able to fit the carseat in the car, but the passenger seat had to be all the way forward and fully upright in order to fit the carseat behind it.  AKA, the passenger was very uncomfortable!  Also, the stroller doesn't fit in the trunk.  It fits behind the driver's seat, but it's not safe to have it back there.  It also narrowly fit in the front seat, but most the time I couldn't get it back out without injuring myself (or breaking a nail).  So with reluctance I listed Ribbit (my Beetle) for sale. I didn't get any takers, yet, but we went ahead and got a new baby mover.  A new Honda CR-V!! 

It feels so different than the Beetle.  I sit higher, it's bigger, and there's not as much head room.  But so far I'm loving it!!  The driver's seat has an arm rest!  The stroller fits in the cargo area!  It has super A/C!  It has new car smell!!  It's shiny!  The passenger seat isn't on top of the dashboard! It has 4 doors!  I've never owned a 4 door car before.  I will miss the heated seats (it was only available with leather), but I think I'll survive.

And just for nostalgia sake, here's a picture of Corinne in the Beetle when she was about a week and a half old (after a trip to the pediatrician's office).

1 comment: