Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Momma's Good Eater

We were going to try sweet potatoes next, but post-Thanksgiving the grocery store was all out of them!  Can you believe it?  So instead I picked up a butternut squash.  I have never prepared butternut squash before, so I wasn't quite sure what to do with it.  Thankfully the internet told me!  I opted to roast the squash, which was apparently the easiest method and I have to say it was easy.  I cut it in half, put it in the oven and 40 minutes later it was soft and mushy.  I scraped it out into the food processor and voila!  Butternut squash puree.  It smelled good, it looked good but did it taste good?  I let Corinne decide.  She took a bite and gave me a look like "that's not bananas!"  I wasn't sure she was going to like it.  And I was really hoping she would because I now have two ice cube trays of it in the freezer!  But a few bites later the face was much happier.  Success!!!  She likes it!!  She'll have it for a few more days and then we'll try something else.  Maybe a green vegetable......

No comments:

Post a Comment