Monday, January 30, 2012

New Light


 So, this is a before and after post, but I don't have a before picture.  When I first started this blog I thought it would be all about what Little H and I do all day.  Turns out we can be quite boring sometimes.  How often do you want to hear about playdates or story time or going to the park?  Yeah, that's what I thought.  So, I thought I'd start including more about our entire life, which includes my home improvement projects and craft projects.  Hubby just does school work which isn't the least bit exciting, so we'll just ignore him!

Anywho, now that I intend on posting my projects I will be better about my photographs.  But I'm sure you can picture this one for yourself.  I picked up a brass lamp from Goodwill for $1.99 probably a month or so ago.  It sat in the living room for a while.  I was busy working on the desk project.  But the day I spray painted the drawer pulls I was in a crazy spray painting mood and pulled the lamp outside, too.  It got a coat of primer and a few coats of Valspar Golden Maize spray paint in Satin.  Perfection!  (to spray the lamp base protect the bulb unit and the cord by wrapping with a plastic bag and taping it in place).  I then found this gorgeous lamp shade at IKEA.  Doesn't it make you happy?

A little more work needs done on it.  I need to cut a piece of felt to glue to the bottom to protect the surface I rest it on.  And then it needs to find a home (other than on the dining room table).  I'm thinking it'll end up in Cupcake's big girl room one day.

I'm very happy with the finish I got from the Valspar spray paint and I really like the way the "cap" just twists into place, but I did find the nozzle quite difficult to press down.  I have another project that I hope to get to soon that I will be using a different can of paint and I'll let you know if it was a fluke.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment