Friday, March 30, 2012

New Picnic Table

 A few days ago a big box was delivered to our door.  It was Cupcake's new Step2 Naturally Playful Picnic Table with Umbrella!!  Her grandparents sent it to her for her Easter/birthday present.  It matches her Step2 Naturally Playful Sand and Water Table.  My girl loves chairs.  She wants to sit in every chair she sees, so this is perfect for her!  It sat in the hallway for a few days because our beautiful summer like weather disappeared.  Well, and I was supposed to be working on other unfinished projects around the house.  But on a beautiful afternoon we took it out back and got to work.  

I'm going to be honest here and admit that I didn't put it all the way together.  You have to put 4 screws in to the leg pieces in order to put the top and benches on.  I put those in, but it isn't predrilled and the electric screwdriver was dead, so it was hard work (especially because I had been out in the garage hand sawing trim pieces during Cupcake's lunch - more on that later).  I snapped the table top and benches in and I was supposed to screw those down, too, but I didn't have the energy.  So I let her test it out as is.  I know, I know!  Bad mom!!!

She was supervised the whole time by Oscar and I, so no worries!  Now that the screwdriver is charged I'll head out there and secure the pieces (once it stops raining).

I think the table is a hit!  It was a great spot for an afternoon snack.  I bet she can't wait to have her friends over for a lunch date!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment