Have you ever had Sweets & Beets Chips? I LOVE sweets & beets and lately I've been wanting some. I keep forgetting to pick them up at the grocery though. Yeah, I'm horrible with the list. Strangely I remembered to get sweet potatoes, though! So I set off to make my own!
It was a rough start. You have to thin slice the potatoes. Do you know how hard that is to do? Well, when you don't have any fancy tools except a knife and a cutting board it is quite difficult. By the second potato I had gotten much better at it, but they still weren't a uniform thickness.
Here's a step I can't screw up, though! Mmmmm.....butter, salt, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Mix it up and drizzle over the potatoes.
Toss the potatoes to coat.
Spread them in a single layer on a baking sheet and toss them in the oven.
Bake and enjoy!
So as you can see some of the edges are a little darker than others. This is why uniform thickness is important. Nonetheless, they tasted fabulous! And they made the house smell delicious! Cupcake ate the first batch the instant they had cooled. They weren't quite as crispy as fried chips, but they are an acceptable substitute. And they are a good excuse to buy a mandoline!
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two baking sheets.
- Combine butter, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Toss with sliced potatoes to coat. Arrange on baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven until edges curl upwards, about 20 to 25 minutes depending on thickness.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com.