Monday, April 16, 2012

Bathroom Redo Part 7 (The Almost Finished Product)

 So you remember this mess, right?  Well, it looks like that no more!!  It took several weeks of patching, sanding, patching, sanding, priming, painting, gluing, hanging, plumbing, and scrubbing, but it's done!  Mostly.

I was young and excited to paint my first home when I painted this room Dare Devil Red by Behr.  See, I was so excited about this color that I remember what it was even though I painted it over 7 years ago!  It wasn't until a little over 2 years ago that I installed the tile floor painted the vanity black.  Other than that I made no changes.  Changes really needed to happen in here!  I hated the light fixture. I hated the medicine cabinet in the wall. I hated the mirror. I hated the faucet. And I was so tired of the color.
















Now check out this beauty!!  The color is Carolina Inn Lobby Yellow by Valspar.  I originally wanted something a little more mustardy, and had picked out Carolina Inn Crossroads Gold, but hubby thought it'd be too dark.  And we'd had about enough of dark with the red!  I like it, though.  It looks different throughout the day depending on how much light is coming in through the skylight.

So here's the rundown.  New light fixture!!  No more 1980's runway lights!  It's from Lowe's.  I liked the clean lines and I really liked the price.  So much so that I bought two!  If you look closely at this picture you'll see the same fixture hanging over the vanity.  Don't look too closely because all the tools that were moved out of the bathroom were put on the vanity.  :)

I gave the builder's grade mirror a facelift.  The sink got an update with a new faucet.  I added a rail from IKEA to hold toothpaste, qtips, cotton balls and the like in cute little buckets.  (I thought this was going to be so convienient for me!  Little did I know that the toddler would think to climb up on the toilet to grab qtips and throw them all over bathroom!)  I still want to find a wall cabinet to hang above that rail to store a few of the things that had been living in the old, ugly medicine cabinet.  I'm on the hunt for the perfect one!

The shower curtain was a find at Marshall's.  It was actually the first time I went to Marshall's when I found this shower curtain.  It was what kicked off the "I want to paint the bedroom and bathroom" excitement.  I need a new shower curtain rod.  Or the old one needs touched up.  The curtain hooks have been hiding under the sink in the hall bath for several years.  Hubby didn't like them (he uses the hall bath since the master is so small) because they didn't move smoothly on his curtain rod.  When we replaced them I just put these ones in a bag and hid them under the sink.  Good thing, too!

I added some towel hooks, changed the toilet paper holder, and added a new switch plate.  The hooks and t.p. holder are from IKEA.  I think I'd like to find a piece of art to hang next to the towel hooks.

And one last view.  The new hand towel holder living where the old medicine cabinet was.  And I changed out the old beige outlet with a fresh new white one.

I'm happy!  I would love to retile the shower, but that's a big project that this pregnant momma just can't undertake!  One day...........





Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Don’t know how to activate amazon primevideo.com/mytv on your device? Visit the given link or If you have done installation then restart your device and watch amazon prime video on your device.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Systole Remedies Pvt Ltd is one of the leading Injectable Companies in India. The company has a professional and sophisticated approach to the manufacturing of Pharma manufacturing company. Moreover, the company has set up the manufacturing standards for all the other companies. Due to this reason, Systole Remedies Pvt Ltd is the most trusted brand in this pharma industry. Systole Remedies Pvt Ltd has been committing to provide the best quality clinical items. Also, All the products and items are available at a low cost. Moreover, the company provides the best quality injection, which it delivers on-time. Also, the clinical items are chemical-free and made from the purest quality raw materials.

    Address: Village Ogli Kala Amb Dist Sirmaur Himachal-173030

    Pharma manufacturing company

    syrup manufacturers | Pharma manufacturing company | third party manufacturing pharma company |

    ReplyDelete