Saturday, April 7, 2012

Crispy Baked Catfish




We have a picky eater in the house (AKA - a toddler).  I often struggle with dinner ideas because I don't want her to go hungry.  I just never know what she's going to eat.  Well, except mac & cheese, pizza, and pb&j.  I really prefer her to eat what we eat.  I don't want to get in the habit of making two dinners.  Making one is hard enough with a toddler under foot.  Betty Crocker to the rescue!!  I love this cookbook.  I received it as a wedding gift (it is the bridal edition).  As you can see by the splattered, sticky, crinkled dust cover it has been well loved.  As a new wife it came in handy when I didn't know how to make things like pancakes or baked potatoes.  (No, I never learned how to cook before I was married!!)

One of Cupcake's favorite recipes from this book is the Crispy Baked Catfish.  Yes, you read that right.  She loves catfish!  Actually she likes any kind of white fish.  That's my girl!!!  (Daddy's not a huge fan of fish)
So here we go......

Combine bread crumbs, corn meal, chili powder, garlic salt, paprika and pepper in a bowl.  Mix.

Gather your fish, ranch dressing and breading mixture.

Slather your filets with ranch dressing.....mmmm........ranch dressing.......

Coat it with the bread crumb mixture.  Both sides!

Lay them out on your broiler pan (don't judge my messy pan! this is a functional piece of kitchenware, not just for blog photo taking!!) and toss them in the oven.

Bake and enjoy!

Crispy Baked Catfish

1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup ranch dressing
1 lb catfish filets

1. Heat oven to 450 degrees.  Spray broiler pan with non-stick spray. 
2. Combine cornmeal, bread crumbs, chili powder, garlic salt, paprika and pepper.
3. Cut filets into 4 servings.  Brush each piece with ranch dressing, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
4. Place fish on broiler pan.  Cook for 15-18 minutes in preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Toddler approved!!!!!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment